Utah has the greatest snow on earth, but we also think we have the greatest skiing on earth, and we can prove it! Here is Ski Utah by the numbers:
- Utah has 13 alpine ski resorts with 10 resorts within the house of Salt Lake International Airport
- Utah has 151 ski lifts and 1353 named runs serving nearly 25,000 skiable acres
- Combined Utah resorts offer 31,000 vertical feet of skiing, so it's a good thing our lift system can move over 163,000 people per hour
- Utah's biggest ski season was 2016/2017 with 4.6 million skier days. With some states doing over 12 million skier days you can understand why Utah isn't known for lift lines.
- Many of Utah's resorts receive 500 inches of snow per season with an average density of 8.5% considered ideal for powder skiing
- Utah's mountains receive 7.7 trillion gallons of water as snow, resulting in a snowpack weight of 64 trillion pounds! But even with all that snow, Park City averages 225 sunny days per year!
- In general Utah season averages 40 storms per season with 19 of those being Utah powder days with totals over 12 inches
When you look at the numbers it's easy to see that Utah is hard to beat!
Source: Ski Utah